|Tea Time // Recipe
Lavender Earl Grey Shortbread
The Lavender Earl Grey shortbread is infused with the floral flavors of both Earl Grey tea leaves and dried lavender petals. The aroma is irresistible.
140g unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into cubes.3/4 cup icing (confectioner’s sugar). 1 tbsp dried Lavender and Earl Grey tea leaves. 1 tsp lemon zest or vanilla extract. 3 large egg yolks, room temperature.1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour. 2 tbsp chopped dried fruits of your choice (1 use dried cantaloupe). 1/4 tsp salt.
- Using the paddle attachment on a standing mixer, mix together the butter and sugar and whisk combined.
- Add lemon zest / vanilla extract and ground tea leaves and mix.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the salt and flour. Add to the mixer and mix until well combined.
- Add the egg yolks and mix till the eggs are fully incorporated and forms a mass.
- Turn dough out on a floured surface and roll into a log roughly 6cm in diameter. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30mins to 1 hour till the dough is hardened, easy for cutting.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cut the log of dough into 0.5cm thick slices.
- Places on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12mins until slightly golden around the edges.
- Allow the shortbread to cool to room temperature.
- Sprinkle the tops with granulated / confectionery sugar.